Friday 31 July 2015

Millies 1st Birthday

I've been doing the odd post showing the odd little craft here and there leading up to Millies 1st Birthday party, so I thought I'd share some photos from the big day and fill you all in on how it all went.

Firstly for both my girls I prepare a birthday table for them to come down to on the morning of their birthday. My mum did this for me as a kid and I used to love coming down in the morning before school, opening presents and having a cheeky slice of birthday cake for breakfast.

Here is Millies 1st birthday table.


For Millies cake I use a giant cupcake mould for the toadstool and a standard Victoria sandwich cake as the base. The woodland theme party was based all on the Ikea birthday decorations party pack I had bought. So to tie the cake in with the decorations I cut out the animals from the wrapping paper, backed them onto card them placed them on the cake. Simple and effective with very little skill involved. I placed the cake on top of a wooden stool I'd bought the kids months ago. I thought it just added to the woodland theme.




I also decorated some wooden letter I picked up from the local craft shop with woodland theme paper. This was a great party decoration which I've now used in her room.




For party details see my Woodland Party Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment